The mgiAuthenticateDB Tag
Use the mgiAuthenticateDB tag to protect access to pages using
security options such as multiple usernames and passwords and
IP numbers. Managing the access of specific users and groups of
users is done via a web-based administration interface or via
HTML forms and different modes of the mgiAuthenticateDB tag.
The mgiAuthenticateDB tag has eight modes. Each mode has different
required and optional parameters. The eight modes of mgiAuthenticateDB
- admin -
Creates a web-based interface to manage specific users and groups
- Regulates access to a page by requiring authentication of username,
password and IP number (if specified). "Authenticate"
is the defalt mode of the mgiAuthenticateDB tag.
- Regulates access to a page by requiring authentication of an
IP number only.
- addUser -
Adds a new user to the authentication database.
- Deletes a user from the authentication database.
- Queries the authentication database for the existence of a
- Changes the password of an existing user.
- Emails a user's password to the email address listed in the
Click any name above to view the mode's
full Tag Syntax and Example Usage and Output.
- Password Protection for Multiple Users
- Local LAN IP Authentication
- Subscription or Member Systems
- User Sign-Up Forms
- Quizzes Start Date and Times