The mgiRequest Tag
The mgiRequest tag displays HTTP request information at the location
of the tag.
The mgiRequest tag has one required parameter and no optional parameters.
The tag form is:
- Name="Value" where "Value" is the specific
HTTP request information that you wish to display. The values available
for display are:
- "Username" is the username if authentication was required.
- "Password" is the password if authentication was required.
- "ClientAddress" is the domain name of the client (or
the client's IP address if DNS look-ups are disabled).
- "ServerAddress" is the domain name of the server (or
the server's IP address if DNS look-ups are disabled).
- "ServerPort" is the TCP/IP port the server is listening
- "ScriptName" is the file portion of the URL.
- "ContentType" is the MIME type of post arguments,
- "Referrer" is the URL of the page visited prior to
accessing the page which contains mgiRequest.
- "UserAgent" is the browser software name and version.
- "Method" is the HTTP method being requested (such
as GET, GET_CONDITIONAL, POST, etc.).
- "ClientIP" is the IP address of the client.
- "VirtualHost" is the name of the web site that is
Example Usage and Output
Welcome Back <mgiRequest name="Username">!
In this example, the mgiRequest tag is used to display the username entered
by a visitor into an authentication dialogue box. If the username was Pete,
then the following would be displayed:
Welcome Back Pete!
[Return to the Referencing MGI Menu]
[User Guide Main Menu]
[Understanding MGI Menu] [Using
MGI Menu] [Referencing MGI Menu]