Single Username and Password Protection
- Password protecting an online contract for a new client.
- Open the contract page in a text editor.
- Insert the mgiAuthenticate tag.
- Save the contract page.
- FTP the contract page to the web server running MGI.
- View the contract page in a browser.
Step 1: Open the contract page in a text editor.
- Open the contract page in a text editing program that allows you to
view and modify the HTML of the page.
Step 2: Insert the mgiAuthenticate tag.
- Insert your cursor after the beginning <BODY> tag and enter the
mgiAuthenticate tag, username parameter and password parameter. Enter "SysTek"
as the value of the username parameter. Enter "VIEWcontract1"
as the value of the password parameter:
<mgiAuthenticate username="SysTek" password="VIEWcontract1">
|Caution: The username and password are both case-sensitive.
When you distribute the username and password, note the importance of capitalization.|
Step 3: Save the contract page.
- Save the changes you have made to the contract page.
Step 4: FTP the contract page to the web server running MGI.
- Upload the contract page from your local computer to the web server
using an FTP program.
Step 5: View the contract page in a browser.
- Access the contract page in a web browser. An authentication dialogue
box requesting a username and password appears. Enter "SysTek"
in the username field. Enter "VIEWcontract1" in the password
field and click the "OK" button. If the correct username and
password are entered, the contract page is displayed. If an incorrect username
or password are entered, an error page is displayed.
[Return to the Password Protecting
Guide Main Menu] [Understanding
MGI Menu] [Using MGI Menu] [Referencing MGI Menu]